Mentally retarded child entitled to family pension

Tags: National News

As per Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions mentally retarded child of a deceased Government employee/Pensioner is entitled to Family Pension.

  •  Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh said, “this reiteration in public was necessitated by the fact that it has come to the notice of the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare that in some cases the Banks are not allowing Family Pension in respect of a mentally retarded child through the person nominated by the Pensioner or his/her spouse and they insist for a Guardianship Certificate issued by a Court of Law.”
  • The minister also asked the Chairman and Managing Directors of all Pension Disbursing Banks not to insist on a Guardianship Certificate issued by the Court of Law in such cases.

Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -