President Unveils the statute of P.N. Panicker
Tags: National News
President of India Mr Ram Nath Kovind unveiled the statue of late Mr.P.N. Panicker at Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram Kerala .
- Puthuvayil Narayana Panicker is also known as the Father of the Library Movement in India.
- He started Granthashala Sangam with about 50 small libraries in 1945 in Kerala which grew into a large network of thousands of libraries.
- Today in the remotest corner of Kerala there is a library.One of the main reasons for the success of the Kerala government’s “Sakshara Keralam” to make Kerala fully literate was the availability of library in the remotest corner of Kerala .
- To honour and acknowledge P.N.Panicker ,Kerala Government declared June 19, his death anniversary, as Vayanadinam (Reading Day) in 1996
- In 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared June 19 his death anniversary as National Reading Day in India. The following month is also observed as National Reading Month in India.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -