Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly passes a bill to recover property damage from protesters
Tags: State News
- The Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly passed the Madhya Pradesh Damage to Public and Private Property Recovery Bill, 2021.
- The bill provides for the recovery of losses from people and organizations responsible for damaging public and private properties during protests.
- Madhya Pradesh is the 3rd state to pass such a bill after Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.
- Abetment of the offense will carry the same penalty as the main offense.
- The bill provides for setting up a tribunal composed of a retired judge and an IAS officer which would look into the claims of property damage during riots or public protests.
- Application for compensation needs to be made within 30 days of vandalism and the tribunal will have to take a decision within 3 months of the application.
- Tribunal order can only be challenged before the high court within a period of 90 days after the claim order is passed.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -