Purple Revolution is Jammu & Kashmir’s contribution to Start up India say Union Minister Dr Jitendra Prasad
Tags: National News
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology, Dr Jitendra Singh said today that “Purple Revolution” is Jammu & Kashmir’s contribution to "Start-ups India", an initiative that was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2016.
- Purple revolution refers to the increase in cultivation of Lavender plants which are purple in colour.
- In 2016, the central government launched the ‘Aroma Mission’ to boost cultivation of plants like lavender that have aromatic medicinal properties.
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), through its Jammu based laboratory, Indian Institute of Integrative Medicines (IIIM introduced high value oil bearing lavender crops in the districts of Doda, Kishtwar etc.
- The aim of the mission was to make India self-sufficient in aromatic oils.
- Lavender water, which separates from lavender oil, is used to make incense sticks. Hydrosol, which is formed after distillation from the flowers, is used to make soaps and room fresheners.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -