India marks 1st anniversary of nationwide vaccination drive against Covid-19
Tags: National News
India marks the first anniversary of the nationwide vaccination drive against Covid-19.
- The world’s largest vaccination drive began on January 16, 2021, with health workers.
- Then it was opened for the frontline workers on 2nd February 2021 followed by the 60-plus age group and those above 45-years and comorbid from 1st March and for all above 18 years from 1st May in 2021.
- India administered 100 crore vaccine doses in October 2021.
- The drive for administering the precautionary doses to the healthcare workers, frontline workers and sixty-plus individuals commenced on 10th January 2022.
- Vaccination of children in the age group of 15-18 years was started from 3rd January 2022.
- Meanwhile, India’s Covid vaccination coverage has crossed 156 crore 63 lakh mark.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -