Rajasthan Government launches Indira Gandhi Urban Employment Scheme’ to provide 100 days of employment
The Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on 9 September 2022 launched the ‘Indira Gandhi Urban Employment Scheme’ to provide 100 days of employment in a year to families residing in urban areas of the state. The scheme was announced by the government in the state budget 2022-23.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
Employment under the scheme :
- The scheme provides that eligible persons will get a minimum 100 days of employment in a year.
- This scheme will be implemented in all the urban local bodies of the state.
- At least 50 people will be given employment in each ward of urban local bodies.
Who are eligible ?
- People who are in the age group of 18 -60 years and living in the urban areas are eligible for jobs under the scheme.
Budget for the scheme :
- Government of Rajasthan has allocated Rs 800 crore for the scheme
Nature of works offered :
- According to the government the scheme will offer works related to environment protection, water and heritage conservation, garden maintenance, and removing encroachments, illegal sign boards, hoardings, banners, sanitation, cleanliness and other such works.
Wages offered under the scheme :
- Under the scheme unskilled labour will be provided a wage of ₹259 per day, skilled workers will be given ₹283 each day and mates will be given ₹271 per day.
- The government will credit the wage payment in the bank accounts of the beneficiary within 15 days.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
About Rajasthan :
- Rajasthan ‘Land of Kings’ or ‘Land of Kingdom’ is India’s largest state by area and shares International boundary with Pakistan.
- The State was formed on 30th March 1949. On this day the Rajputana State was merged into the Dominion of India.
- The state has the famous bird sanctuary, Keoladeo National Park near Bharatpur
- Apart from this state has 4 national tiger reserves namely
- Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in Sawai Madhopur district,
- Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve in Kota district,
- Sariska Tiger Reserve in Alwar district and
- Ramgarh Vishdhari Sanctuary (India’s 52nd tiger reserve).
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Capital: Jaipur It is also known as Pink City.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -