Tata to set up EV battery factory in UK for £4 billion
Tags: Science and Technology
On 19 July 2023, the Tata group has announced setting up a factory in the United Kingdom with an investment of four billion pounds (Rs 42,500 crore) to make batteries.
An Overview of the news:
- In Britain, the Tata group is working on plans to make batteries for Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) as well as other vehicle companies.
- The factory will be located in Bridgwater, Somerset, England:
- Tata Sons has chosen the Bridgwater area of Somerset in south-west England for the factory instead of Spain.
Europe's largest plant:
- The 40 GWh gigafactory will be the largest in Europe and Tata's first outside India.
- It will be one of the largest investments in the UK automotive industry.
- This Tata investment will not only create thousands of jobs for Britons, but will strengthen the UK's lead in the global transition to electric vehicles, helping to power our economy in the clean industries of the future.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -