Nivriti Rai appointed as Managing Director and CEO of Invest India
Tags: Person in news
Renowned global business and technology expert Nivriti Rai has been appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of Invest India.
An Overview of the news:
- Ms Rai takes over from Manmeet K Nanda, Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), who assumed the additional charge of MD & CEO in the interim in March 2023.
Career of Nivriti Rai:
- Ms. Rai joins Invest India after an illustrious 29 years of service as a global business and technology veteran at Intel.
- She was leading Intel India as Country Head for the last 07 years and spearheaded Intel's growth and investments in the country.
Promotion of indigenous technology:
- During his tenure at Intel India, he made significant contributions in the areas of indigenous technology development, start-up ecosystem, electronics manufacturing ecosystem and policy making, especially in the areas of critical and emerging technologies.
Awards and Honors:
- Ms. Rai was also conferred with the prestigious Nari Shakti Puraskar for her outstanding contribution in the field of technology.
- India's National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency.
- Established: 2009 (Carried out as a non-profit enterprise under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry).
- Invest India focuses on sector-specific investor targeting and developing new partnerships to enable sustainable investment in India.
- It leverages private sector experts to meet the government's vision, which includes high standards of transparency, ethics and corporate governance.
- Chairman of the Board of Invest India Secretary of DPIIT: Rajesh Kumar Singh.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -