Union Government approves the National Green Hydrogen Mission
Tags: National Government Schemes
The Union Cabinet headed by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 4 January 2023 approved the National Green Hydrogen Policy which aims to make India a Global Hub for the production, utilisation and export of Green Hydrogen and its derivatives.
Green Hydrogen refers to the breaking down of the water molecule into hydrogen and oxygen using renewable sources of energy.
Outlay for the Scheme
The initial outlay for the Mission is Rs.19, 744 crore, including an outlay of Rs.17, 490 crore for the Strategic Interventions for Green Hydrogen Transition Programme (SIGHT), Rs.1, 466 crore for pilot projects, Rs.400 crore for Research and Development, and Rs. 388 crore towards other Mission components.
Main Objective of the National Green Hydrogen Mission
- The aim of the National Hydrogen Mission is to enable India to meet its climate change target of net zero carbon emission by 2070 and make India a production and export hub of hydrogen fuel.
- Achieve the capacity to produce 5 million tonnes of green hydrogen per year by 2030 ,
- Capacity addition of 125 GW of renewable energy by 2030.
- Reduction in carbon dioxide emission of nearly 50 Million Metric Tonne per annum by 2030.
- Reduction in fossil fuel imports worth Rs 1 lakh crore by 2030.
- To attract investment over Rs.8 lakh crore in the sector.
- Target of creation of over 6 lakh jobs in the sector by 2030.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -