Yogi Adityanath inaugurates Asia’s first pathogen reduction machine at KGMU in Lucknow
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated Asia’s first pathogen reduction machine at the King George's Medical University (KGMU) in Lucknow. He was accompanied by Deputy Chief Minister Brajesh Pathak, State minister Mayankeshwar Sharan and Professor Bipin Puri, Vice Chancellor of King George's Medical University. The Chief Minister also inaugurated the KGMU’s Department of Thoracic Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
What is a Pathogen?
- The pathogens is an organism which can cause disease to its host body. It could be viruses, bacteria, fungi, protozoa, parasites.
- Pathogens cause illness to their hosts through a variety of ways. It directly damages the tissues or cells of the host during replication,
- However, sometimes due to a strong or excessive immune response from the host body, the body itself kills infected and uninfected cells and damages host tissues.
Need of cleaning transfused blood of pathogens
- Blood transfusions are needed in procedures ranging from surgery to delivery and transplant. Blood transfusion is always done after all the necessary blood tests are done. But despite this, some impurities like pathogens remain in the blood, due to which reactions or side effects can be seen in recipient patients.
- This machine helps in eliminating any type of pathogens in the donor's blood which will prove to be very beneficial for organ transplant or patients with weak immunity.
- The machine is capable of completely purifying the blood unit by removing all types of bacteria from the blood within 10-15 minutes through the ultraviolet immunometer.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -