22 September State legislature proceedings to be dedicated to female legislators: CM Yogi
Tags: State News
The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has said that 23 September 2022 proceedings of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council will be dedicated to the women members of both the houses.
This is for the first time that a day’s proceedings has been solely dedicated to the women members of the state legislature.
According to the speaker of the legislative assembly Satish Mahana only the women members of the house will be allowed to speak after the question hour.
Currently the Uttar Pradesh legislative Assembly has 47 women members and the Legislative Council has 6 members.
The Monsoon session of the Uttar Pradesh legislature will be from 19 -23 September 2022.
No reason has been given by the chief minister why this day has been chosen for the occasion.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
Uttar Pradesh legislature :
- Uttar Pradesh has a bicameral legislature. The upper house is called the Legislative Council and the Lower House is called Legislative Assembly.
- The Legislative council consists of 100 members and Kunwar Manvendra Singh is the chairman of the legislative council.
- Total women member in the present Legislative council is 6.
Legislative Assembly :
- The first legislative Assembly was constituted on 8th March, 1952.
- The present assembly is the Eighteenth Legislative Assembly, which was constituted on 11th March, 2022.
- The total members in the house is 404, highest in the country. The total number of women members in the current house is 47.
- Shri Satish Mahana is the Speaker of Legislative Assembly.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -