Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, Lawrence Wong meets the Prime Minister Modi
The Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister of Singapore Lawrence Wong met the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on 19 September 2022. He was accompanied by Singapore’s Minister for Trade and Industry Mr. Gan Kim Yong and the Indian Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
Mr Lawrence is on his first visit to India from 17 -21 September 2022.
During his India visit he also participated in the first India-Singapore Ministerial Roundtable (ISMR) held on 17 September in New Delhi with Nirmala Sitharaman. The ISMR is a new mechanism between the two countries to boost economic cooperation between the two countries.
The Deputy Prime Minister Wong also visited Gujarat during his India visit.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- It is a city state located in SouthEast Asia.
- It was a British colony which joined Federation of Malaysia on its formation in 1963 but later seceded to become an independent state on August 9, 1965.
- Singapore‘s Changi airport is considered as one of the best airports in the world.
- Capital: Singapore
- Currency: Singapore Dollar
- Prime Minister: Lee Hsien Loong
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -