26 November 2021: Constitution day
- Before the adoption of the Constitution, the Legislative Assembly held eleven sessions over 165 days.
- On 26 November 1949, it adopted the constitution, which was signed by 284 members.
- India celebrates 26 November every year as National Law Day or Constitution Day to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution.
- To facilitate public participation, the Ministry has developed a portal for "Online Reading of the Preamble of the Constitution" in 23 languages (22 official languages and English).
- In 2015, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced to celebrate 26 November as Constitution Day. The announcement was made as part of the year-long celebration of the 125th birth anniversary of Dr. BR Ambedkar. The purpose of this day is to bring awareness about the importance of the Indian Constitution as well as its chief architect, Dr. B R Ambedkar.
26th November 2021: Marks 13th Anniversary of Mumbai Terror Attack of 26/11/2008
National Milk Day: It is observed on 26th November to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Verghese Kurien, the father of India’s White (milk) Revolution.
26th November 2021 marks the 100th birth anniversary of Dr. Kurien: Father of White Revolution of India and Milkman of India
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -