New Interpol Head
- General Ahmed Nasser Al Raisi of the United Arab Emirate (UAE) was elected as the new chief of the Interpol. Ahmed Naser Al-Raisi is an Emirati general and the inspector general of the United Arab Emirate's interior ministry.
- He has been accused of serious human rights violations.
- India is represented by CBI in the Interpol
- CBI SPECIAL Director Praveen Sinha was elected as a delegate for Asia on the executive committee of the Interpol.
- The International Criminal Police Organizationis an international organisation that facilitates worldwide police cooperation and crime control.
- Interpol was conceived during the first International Criminal Police Congress in 1914,
- It was founded in September 1923 as the International Criminal Police Commission (ICPC),
- In 1956, the ICPC adopted a new constitution and the name Interpol, derived from its telegraphic address used since 1946.
- India joined the organisation in 1949.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -