Bangladesh will be connected to North-East by 2024
While virtually addressing the delegates at a function organised by the Indian Chambers of Commerce, Union Minister for Home Affairs and Cooperations Amit Shah said that the government will connect capitals of all the eight States by air, seven of the eight state capitals will be connected through rail, and a network of roads is operational.
He said the northeast states will be linked by road and railway to Bangladesh in a year or two, creating many opportunities in the region.
- The connectivity problem in the North East is being resolved by signing a land border agreement with Bangladesh. The North East will be connected to the ports of Bangladesh in two years and this will open up a huge avenue for setting up industry in the North East and for connectivity to the rest of the world.
- In a year or two, the North East region will be connected with Bangladesh by rail and road and after that, there will be immense possibilities to go East. The trade with Bangladesh will get a boost with the start of the Agartala-Akhaura railway link.
- Land Boundary Agreement (LBA) signed with Bangladesh in 2014 ensured proper connectivity in the region.
North East States and Capitals:
- Arunachal Pradesh Itanagar
- Assam Dispur
- Manipur Imphal
- Meghalaya Shillong
- Mizoram Aizawl
- Nagaland Kohima
- Tripura Agartala
- Sikkim Gangtok
- The capitals of all the eight States will be connected by air.
- The capitals of Assam, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh are already connected by rail, work to extend similar connectivity in Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Meghalaya are underway.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -