Amit Shah unveils, ‘Savaj’ , mascot for the 36th National Games
Union Minister for Home Affairs and Cooperatives Amit Shah unveiled the Logo and Mascot of the 36th National Games at the EKA Arena TransStadia in Ahmedabad on 4 September 2022.
- The mascot is named as Savaj which means cub in Gujarati. It is a lion cub.
- The theme of the anthem is Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- The theme of the 36th National Games is ’Sports for Unity.'
Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur, Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel and other distinguished guests were present.
36th National Games :
- The National Games will see a total of 36 sports and participation from all 28 states and eight Union Territories.
- Yogasana and Mallakhamba sports will be introduced for the first time in the National Games.
- The Games will take place in six cities of Gujarat -- Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot and Bhavnagar.
- In the previous edition in Kerala in 2015, there were 33 sports.
- The Games are happening after a gap of five years.
- Goa was to hold this edition of the Games but multiple delays, mainly due to infrastructure-related issues, led to postponement several times.
- Services Sports Promotion Board topped the medal charts in each of the three previous editions.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -