Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik Honoured with Capital Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was conferred with the Capital Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award. The award was presented by former Chief Justice of India (CJI) Justice N.V. Ramana at India International Centre, New Delhi, on September 4, 2022
Naveen Patnaik of Biju Janata Dal (BJD) party has been the chief minister of Odisha since 5 March 2000 - till date.
The foundation in a statement said that in recognition of his distinctive and outstanding leadership qualities Naveen Patnaik is being conferred Capital Foundation Lifetime Achievement.
The Capital Foundation Society, established in 1987 is one of the most prestigious voluntary organisations in India which has been engaged in providing a platform for policy dialogue and debate on issues of national and international importance.
Odisha State :
- In ancient times it was called Kalinga.
- Its name was changed to Odisha from Orissa in 2011.
- The 96th constitutional amendment 2011 changed the name of language of the state from Oriya to Odia in the 8th schedule of the constitution.
- The State of Orissa was founded on 1 April 1936 after it was separated from the Bengal presidency.
- 1 April is celebrated as Utkal Dibas or Odisha divas in Odisha.
- It has 30 districts.
Governor of Odisha : Professor Ganeshi Lal
Capital: Its capital was at Cuttack but it was shifted to Bhubaneswar on 19 August 1949.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -