Defence minister lays the foundation of new Brahmos manufacturing center in Lucknow
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh laid the foundation stone for Defence Technology & Test Centre and BRAHMOS Manufacturing Centre, established by Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in the Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor (UP DIC).
- It will cover over 200 acres and produce the new BRAHMOS-NG (Next Generation) variant, which carries forward the lineage of the BRAHMOS weapons system.
- This new centre would be ready over the next two to three years and will commence production at a rate of 80-100 BRAHMOS-NG missiles per year.
Brahmos Aerospace Limited
- It is a joint venture of DRDO and NPO Mashinostroyenia of Russia.
- The Company is named after the river Brahmaputra and Moskva.
- It has developed the world's first supersonic cruise missile Brahmos with a range of 290 Km with a speed of 2.8 to 3 Mach.
- At present Brahmos Aerospace ltd has manufacturing centres at Hyderabad, Nagpur and Bilani (Madhya [Pradesh).
The new Generation Brahmos missile BrahMos-NG (Next Generation) is a mini version based on the existing BrahMos, will have same 290 km range and speed but it will weigh around 1.5 tons, 5 metres in length and 50 cm in diameter, making BrahMos-NG 50 percent lighter and three metres shorter than its predecessor.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -