Prime Minister visit to Himachal Pradesh
Tags: National News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Mandi in Himachal Pradesh on 27 December to inaugurate and lay the foundation of various hydro-power projects in the state.
Highlights of his visit
- He presided over the ground breaking ceremony of the second Himachal Pradesh Global Investors’ Meet.
- Sawra-Kuddu Hydro Power Project:
- He inaugurated the 111 MW Sawra-Kuddu Hydro Power Project
- It is built on river Pabber, a tributary of river Yamuna in Shimla District.
- It will produce over 380 million units of electricity per year,
- It was built at a cost of around Rs 2080 crore.
He laid the foundation stone for various Hydro -electric projects to be built in Himachal Pradesh. These projects are as follows:
- Renukaji Dam project:
- Renukaji is a multi-purpose river project to be built on Giri river which is a tributary of the Yamuna River.
- It is located in the Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh.
- The 7000 crore project will produce 40 MW of electricity to be used by Himachal Pradesh and it will supply drinking water to Delhi and participating States.
- It is a national status project where Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh,Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand will jointly develop the project along with the Central Government .
- Around 90% of the cost of irrigation/drinking water component of the project i.e. ₹3,892.83 crore will be provided by the Central government and the remaining ₹432.54 crore by the rest of the basin States.
- Luhri Stage 1 Hydro Power Project:
- The 210 MW Luhri Stage-I Hydro Electric Project is located on river Satluj which is situated in Shimla &Kullu districts of Himachal Pradesh.
- This project will generate 758.20 million units of electricity annually and cost around Rs 1800 crore.
- This project is being implemented by Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL)
- Dhaulasidh Hydro Power Project
- It is a 66 MW hydro project on river Beas in the Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh with a cost of around Rs 680 crores.
- This will be the first hydropower project of the Hamirpur district.
- It is being developed by Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL).
- Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL):
- It is a public sector company set up in 1988 for Hydro electric power generation and transmission.
- It is a joint venture of the Government of India and the Himachal Pradesh Government.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -