Dhar wind project commissioned by Adani Green Energy
The Adani Green Energy Limited has commissioned a 325 megawatt wind energy plant in Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh. In a statement issued by the company on 19 September 2022 the total operational capacity of the company has now increased to 6.1 gigawatt (GW).
IMPORTANT FACTS -
Wind Energy in India :
- India has the fourth largest installed wind power capacity in the world after China, U.S and Germany.
- The Government of India has set a target of 140 GW of installed wind power capacity by 2030.
- According to the Government of India the current installed capacity in India was 40.13 GW (source PIB).
- Tamil Nadu has the largest installed wind power capacity in the country followed by Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- Tamil Nadu has the country’s biggest onshore wind farm in the form of the 1,500 MW Muppandal facility located in Kanyakumari district.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -