Indian Coast Guard and the US Coast Guard conduct joint exercise 'Abhyas-01/22’ off Chennai coast
The Indian Coast Guard and American Coast Guard conducted a joint exercise 'Abhyas-01/22' off the coast of Chennai on 19 September 2022.
Joint exercise 'Abhyas-01/22' marked the culmination of the four-day goodwill visit of the US Coast Guard ship Midgett to Chennai.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
Indian Coast Guard :
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) was officially established on 1st February 1977.
- It comes under the Union Ministry of Defence.
- Its main role is to prevent seaborne smuggling of goods, to ensure the safety and protection of the islands, and to provide protection and assistance to the Indian fishermen and mariners at the high seas.
- Motto: “Vayam Rakshamah - We Protect”
- Headquarters: Ministry of Defence, New Delhi
- Director-General: Virender Singh Pathania
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -