Dr Madhav Harda selected for 32nd Bihari Puraskaar 2022
Noted Hindi writer Dr Madhav Harda has been selected for the 32nd Bihari Puraskar 2022 for his literary criticism book ‘Pachrang Chola Pahar Sakhi Ri’.
This was announced by the K K Birla Foundation on 29 September 2022. Dr Madhav Harda's book ‘Pachrang Chola Pahar Sakhi Ri’ focuses on the life of medieval devotee poet Meera.
- The Bihari Puraskar is one of the three literary awards instituted by the K K Birla foundation in 1991. The award is given every year for an outstanding work published in the last 10 years by a Rajasthani author in Hindi or Rajasthani.
- It carries a cash prize of ₹2.5 lakh, a plaque and a citation.
- The first Bihari Puraskar was in 1991, to the famous poet Jaisingh Neeraj for his poetry compilation 'Dhani Ka Aadmi'.
- The 31st Bihari Puraskar was awarded to Madhu Kankariya for her 2018 novel ‘Hum Yahan The’.
K.K. Birla Prize
K.K.Birla foundation was established by Krishna Kumar Birla in 1991. It aims to promote literature, especially Hindi literature. Every year it gives literature award for works published in the last ten years
Some of the important awards given by K.K.Birla foundations are as follows:
- It is given for outstanding literary work in Hindi authored by an Indian citizen and published in the previous 10 years.
- It carries a cash prize of ₹4 lakh.
- The first person to get the award was Ram Vilas Sharma for his work “Bharat ke Pracheen bhasha parivar aur Hindi.
- The 31 Vyas Samman 2021 was awarded to Asgar Wajahat for his play Mahabali.”
- Saraswati Samman is given every year to an outstanding literary work written in any Indian language by an Indian citizen and published within the last 10 years.
- It carries a citation, a plaque, and a cash prize of ₹15 lakhs
- First person to get the award was Harivansh Rai Bachchan in 1991 for his four volume autobiography, Kya Bhooloon Kya Yaad Karoon, Needa Ka Nirman Phir, Basere Se Door and Dashdwar se Sopan Tak.
- The 31st awardee was Ramdarash Mishra for his collection of Hindi poems ‘Mein to Yahan Hun’.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -