External Affairs Minister Jaishankar to lead Indian Delegation at the 77th UNGA Session
According to a 17 September press release of the External Affairs Ministry, the External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar will be on an official visit to the United States from 18-28 September 2022.
During his visit to the United States he will be leading the India delegation for the High Level Week at the 77th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- The theme of 77th UNGA is "A Watershed Moment: Transformative Solutions to Interlocking Challenges”.
His other engagements in the United States are as follows :
- To commemorate and showcase Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, EAM would be addressing a special event "India@75: Showcasing India UN Partnership in Action” on 24 September, which would highlight India’s development journey and its contributions to South-South Cooperation.
- He will host a Ministerial meeting of the G4 (India, Brazil, Japan, Germany) countries. G4 countries support the inclusion of the member countries as the permanent member of the United Nation Security Council.
- He will also participate at the High Level Meeting of the L.69 Group on "Reinvigorating Multilateralism and Achieving Comprehensive Reform of the UN Security Council”.
- The L.69 Group consists of developing countries from Asia, Africa, Latin America, Caribbean and Small Island Developing States, focused on reforms of the UN Security Council.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -