FAO : State of the Agri-Food Business report
- The United Nation ,Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) has warned the world to be prepared for future "shocks" to their agricultural and food systems from droughts, floods or diseases following the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic.
- An additional one billion people are at risk as they would not be able to afford a healthy diet if a shock were to reduce their incomes by one-third,” the report said.
- In July, the FAO said that between 720 million and 811 million people faced hunger in 2020 — some 161 million more than in 2019, largely due to the pandemic.
- Agri-food systems include production, food supply chains, transport networks and consumption.
FAO( Food and Agricultural Organisation)
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security.
- It was founded in 1945.
- Its headquarters is in Rome (Italy).
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -