‘Bharat Gaurav Scheme: Railways to run 190 Theme based trains’
Union Railway Minister Mr Ashwini Vaishnav has announced that the Indian Railway will launch a new segment of trains for tourism called 'Bharat Gaurav'. These will be theme-based trains.
Theme Based Trains
Theme based trains means trains which are run to cater a particular theme like Ramanaya Trains which goes to places associated with Lord Rama or Guru Kripa Trains that cover places of Sikh culture.
Bharat Gaurav Trains
- These trains can be operated by Government owned Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) or by Private operators
- The private operator can take the train on lease from Indian Railways and will have the freedom to decide the route and fare of these trains .
- These are not regular trains, they are exclusive tourist trains to showcase India’s culture and heritage.
- Packages of these tourist trains might include hotel accommodation, sightseeing arrangements and visits to historical/heritage sites.
At Present Indian Railways operates two types of Trains:
- Passenger trains and
- Freight Trains also known as Goods trains.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -