The Andhra Pradesh State Assembly passed a resolution urging the Center to include caste based census in the 2021 Census.
The Andhra Pradesh Assembly adopted a resolution urging the Centre to conduct caste wise census of the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of citizens along with that of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and the minorities while holding the General Census for 2021.
Caste Census in India
- The first caste census in India was held in 1881
- The last caste census was to be held before independence was held in 1931.
- After Independence, census data included the census of the Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Caste in the general census of India held after every ten years
- For the first time after Independence, caste census for all castes were held in the 2011 census.
- The 2011 caste census was titled as “Socio Economic Caste Census 2011(SECC)”.
- Due to discrepancy in the data, the Union Ministry of Social Justice set up a committee to review the SECC data. The head of the committee was Mr. Arvind Pangariya.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -