IIT Roorkee announces research awards for 2022
Tags: Science and Technology
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) has announced its Research Awards 2022.
An Overview of the news:
- The award is given to recognize the outstanding contribution of Institute awardees in their chosen careers.
- The research awards given by IIT Roorkee are open to all Indian citizens and include winners from various prestigious institutions across the country.
- This year's award has five awardees in different categories including 'Khosla National Award' (Science).
- These awards have been in existence since the inception of the University.
Khosla National Award (Science):
- Dr. Kanishka Biswas, recipient of the Khosla National Award, is a professor in the New Chemistry Unit at the Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, whose research interests focus on renewable energy and a clean environment.
- In the past, Dr. Biswas has also been awarded Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Chemical Sciences in 2021 and Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2019.
HRED Hydro & Renewable Energy Award:
- Recipient of the HRED Hydro and Renewable Energy Award, Dr. RP Saini has been Professor in the Department of Hydro and Renewable Energy at IIT Roorkee.
A.S. Arya Aapda Nivaran Puraskar:
- Professor DP Kanungo to A.S. Arya Aapda Nivaran Award Winner has been announced.
- Professor Kanungo is the Chief Scientist of the Geohazard Risk Reduction Group, CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee.
- He is also Professor of Physics at the Indian Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (ACSIR). He is a Raman Research Fellow of CSIR.
Gopal Ranjan Technology Award:
- IIT Bombay Professor Dr. Dipankar Chowdhary received the Gopal Ranjan Technology Award.
- Professor Chowdhary is the only Geotechnical Engineer in India who is an elected Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI), India's oldest science academy.
SR Mehra Memorial Award:
- Dr. Satish Chandra was honored with the SR Mehra Memorial Award. He is a professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at IIT Roorkee.
- Dr. Chandra has contributed immensely to teaching and research in the areas of Highway Efficiency and Bituminous Material Characterization.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -