India deported 821 foreigners in 2021 with Nigerian citizen being the most deported

Tags: National

India deported 821 foreigners in 2021

According to the Annual report of the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) 2021-22 released on 7 November 2022, a total of 821 foreigners were deported by the Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRROs) in the year 2021.  According to the report most of the deported foreigners belonged to Nigeria (339), followed by Bangladesh (246) and Afghanistan (105).

Visit of Foreigners to India during 2021

 According to the report a total of 15, 24,469 foreigners visited India from January 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021. 

The maximum number of foreigners who visited India during this period were from the United States of America (4, 29,860) followed by; 

  • Bangladesh (2,40,554),
  • the United Kingdom (1,64,143),
  •  Canada (80,437), 
  • Nepal (52,544),
  • Afghanistan (36,451), 
  • Australia (33,864), 
  • Germany (33,772), 
  • Portugal (32,064) and 
  • France (30,374). 

These 10 countries accounted for 74.39 per cent of the total arrival of foreigners from January to December 2021 while the rest of the countries accounted for 25.61 per cent of the total incoming traffic of foreigners.

Further, Pakistan nationals above 65 years of age who cross the Attari Immigration Check Post on foot are also granted 'Visa-on-Arrival for 45 days stay with single entry subject to certain conditions.

From April 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021, a total of 2,439 Long Term Visas (LTV) have been granted by MHA for minority communities from three neighbouring countries. This includes Pakistan (2193), Afghanistan (237) and Bangladesh (9).

Union Home Minister: Amit Shah 

Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -