India gets approval to set up second hydroelectric project in Nepal
Tags: International News
The Government of Nepal has approved India's Sutlej Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVN) to develop the second hydroelectric project in the country.
An Overview of the News
- SJVN is currently involved in the development of the Arun-III Hydroelectric Project in eastern Nepal with a capacity of 900 MW.
- The Investment Board Nepal (IBN), chaired by Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal, approved the draft Project Development Agreement (PDA) between Nepal and SJVN.
- The PDA is for development of the Lower Arun Hydroelectric Project in eastern Nepal with a capacity of 669 MW.
- The Lower Arun Hydroelectric Project is to be developed by SJVN.
- The kingdom of Nepal was established by the Shah dynasty.
- It is a landlocked country in South Asia.
Prime Minister - Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda
President - Ram Chandra Paudel
Capital - Kathmandu
Currency - Nepalese Rupee
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -