Srikrishnan Harihar Sarma appointed as MD & CEO of Karnataka Bank
Tags: Person in news
Karnataka Bank appointed Srikrishnan Harihar Sarma as its new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
An Overview of the News
- Sarma has vast experience in commercial, retail and transactional banking, technology and payments.
- The appointment is subject to the approval of the shareholders in the ensuing Annual General Meeting or within a period of three months from the date of joining, whichever is earlier.
- The Karnataka Bank Limited was incorporated on 18 February 1924 and commenced business on 23 May 1924.
- The bank was established in Mangalore, a coastal city in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka.
- BR Viceroy was one of the founders of the Pickle Bank, which aimed to serve the South Canara region.
- KSN Adiga served as the chairman of Karnataka Bank Limited from 1958 to 1979.
- In 2021, Karnataka Bank Limited incorporated its wholly owned non-financial subsidiary, KBL Services Limited, with its registered and head office at Bangalore.
- It is a state in southwest India and is bordered by Maharashtra to the north, Goa to the northwest, Andhra Pradesh to the east, Tamil Nadu to the southeast, and Kerala to the southwest.
- Bengaluru, the capital of Karnataka, is known as the "Silicon Valley of India" and is a major centre of technology and innovation.
- Hampi, located in northern Karnataka, was once the capital of the Vijayanagara Empire and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Chief Minister - Basavaraj Bommai
Governor - Thawar Chand Gehlot
Official Animal - Indian Elephant
Official Bird - Indian Roller
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -