Indian Navy to commission submarine INS Vela.
- Indian Navy commissions 4th Scorpene-class submarine INS Vela in Mumbai in the presence of the chief of Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh.
- It was built by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd, Mumbai in collaboration with M/s Naval Group of France.
Project 75 or P-75
- In 2005, India and France signed a $ 3.75 billion contract for building six diesel-electric Scorpene class submarines in India.
- The submarine is being built by the Public Sector, Mazgaon Docks Ltd, Mumbai and the technology provider is the French company DCNS, which is now called Naval Group.
- The first submarine INS Kalvari was commissioned in 2017 and hence it is also called as Kalvari class of submarine in India.
Other submarines in the P-75 are
- INS Khanderi
- INS Karanj
- INS Vela
- INS Vagir,
- INS Vagsheer
INS Vagir is undergoing sea trials and INS Vagsheer is under construction.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -