IndianOil’s CSR initiative to help eliminate TB in Punjab & UP
Tags: State News
Indian Oil has committed to support the National TB elimination Program (NTEP) in India. The program’s key objective will be to screen and test the entire population of UP & Punjab every year for the next three years.
- It will work with City Coordination Committees, District Health Societies, Technical support groups, etc., in each of the 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh and 23 districts in Punjab.
- Once patients are notified, their treatment will continue as per the protocol of the National TB Elimination Program.
- In 2018, Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India had given a call to End TB in India by 2025, five years ahead of the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) target of 2030.
- To fulfill that vision, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, in collaboration with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, is joining the “Jan Andolan” of “TB Mukt Bharat”.
- TB continues to be one of India’s severest health challenges. India has a large number of ‘missing’ cases every year that are not detected or reported.
In 2020, Uttar Pradesh, with a population of over 23.4 crores, had the highest share of tuberculosis notifications in India (over 20%). At the same time, it contributes to almost one-fourth of estimated missing cases in the country
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -