Rajasthan’s Banswara model example for Sustainable Farming
Tags: State News
Ashok Gehlot led Rajasthan government is trying to replicate the farming model of Rajasthan’s Banswara district in other parts of the state.
- The model has created new livelihood sources and brought food security to indigenous tribal communities.
- It enabled the farmers to meet their daily food necessities by growing fruits and vegetables at a low cost.
- The integrated system has also reduced the tribals’ dependence on market and improved nutritional status of the local population.
- The model entails community managed seed system, which has facilitated diversification of crops, adoption of organic farming, manure, medicines and pesticides and establishment of vermicompost units at agricultural fields.
- The locally prepared organic manure is used for growing maize, wheat, urad and other crops
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -