Indo-Maldives joint military exercise “Ekuverein” at Chaubatia, Uttarakhand
The 12th edition of the joint military exercise “Ex Ekuverin” between the Indian Army and the Maldives National Defense Force has commenced on 11 June 2023 at Chaubatia, Uttarakhand.
An Overview of the News:
- Ekuverein, meaning 'friend', is a bilateral annual exercise held alternately in India and Maldives.
- The joint military exercise "EX EKUVERIN" between the two countries will be held from 11 to 24 June 2023.
- A platoon-strength contingent of the Indian Army and Maldives National Defense Force will participate in the 14-day long exercise.
- The 14-day exercise aims to enhance interoperability in UN counter-insurgency/anti-terrorist operations and promote joint humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations.
- It will focus on sharing best practices, enhancing coordination and cooperation between the two forces at the tactical level.
- The 11th edition of joint military exercise "EX EKUVERIN" was held in Maldives in December 2021.
- Capital: Malé
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Currency: Rufiyaa
- Capital: Dehradun
- Governor: Gurmeet Singh
- Chief Minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -