World Cup Squash Championship begins in Chennai from today
The World Cup Squash Championships began in Chennai on 13 June.
An Overview of the News
- 2023 Squash World Cup to be held in Chennai till June 17
- The games were formally inaugurated by Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Udhayanidhi Stalin at Express Avenue Mall.
- Notable players who have participated in the tournament include Joshna Chinappa, Saurabh Ghosal, Abhay Singh, Khanna and Jessica Turnbull.
- On the first day of the championship, India will play against Hong Kong and China in Pool B matches.
- In Pool A, Egypt will face Australia and Malaysia will take on Colombo.
- Tournament Chairperson - Jenna Woolridge
- Indian coach - Chris Walker
About Tamil Nadu
- The state was formed on 26 January 1950 but its boundaries were redrawn on 14 January 1969.
- It is situated at the mouth of the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean.
- Tamil Nadu is the largest producer of bananas and flowers, second largest producer of mangoes, rubber, groundnut, coconut and third largest producer of coffee.
Governor - Ravindra Narayan Ravi
Chief Minister - MK Stalin
Assembly seats - 235 seats
Rajya Sabha seats - 18
Lok Sabha seats - 39
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -