WHO Award for 'When Climate Change Turns Violent'
The documentary titled 'When Climate Change Turns Violent' has bagged the special award in the 'Health for All' category at the 4th annual Health for All Film Festival held at the World Health Organization Headquarters in Geneva on 7 June 2023.
An Overview of the News:
- This documentary has been directed by Vandita Saharia from Rajasthan. She was the only Indian in the list of winners.
- The 4.32-minute documentary 'When Climate Change Turns Violent' focuses on the relationship between domestic violence, climate change and human trafficking.
- The ceremony announced the winning films for seven different categories, while four films received special mentions by the jury.
World Health Organization (WHO):
- Establishment: 1948 (Started functioning from 7th April, 1948)
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Member: 194 countries
- It is an intergovernmental organization that usually works in collaboration with the ministries of health of its member states.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -