Mount Balbala peak has been successfully climbed by a team from the first battalion of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
Why in the news?
Recently, A team from the first battalion of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has successfully scaled the Mount Balbala peak at a height of 21,050 feet in Uttarakhand.
- It is for the first time that an Indian team has climbed the peak.
- The International Everest Day is observed every year on 29 May.
- The day is observed every year in memory of the first summit of Mt. Everest by Sir Edmund Hillary on 29 May 1953.
- A Hong Kong mountaineer (Tsang Yin-hung) recorded the world's fastest ascent of Everest by a woman in just 26 hours.
- An Indian mountaineer Bhawna Dehariya has successfully climbed Mount Kosciuszko. It is the highest mountain peak of Australia.
- Junko Tabei was the first woman to climb Mt Everest and She was the first woman to climb the seven highest mountains in all the seven continents.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -