INDIA-RUSSIA signed MoU on DAP fertilizers supply
Why in the news?
India on 12 October signed a long-term memorandum of understanding with Russia on DAP fertilizers supply.
What is DAP?
- Di-ammonium Phosphate popularly known as DAP is a preferred fertilizer in India because it contains both Nitrogen and Phosphorus which are primary macronutrients and part of 18 essential plant nutrients.
- It is a very popular fertilizer because of its excellent physical properties and nutrient content.
- DAP is almost water-soluble and ultimately leaves acid effect on soils because of ammonia (NH4) it contains
- DAP Contains 18% Nitrogen and 46% Phosphorus.
- IUPAC Name: diammonium hydrogen phosphate
- chemical formula: (NH4)2(HPO4)
- To stabilize prices of DAP, which is increasing continuously due to high demand.
- To minimize dependence on countries such as Jordan, Morocco, China, etc.
- India is the largest importer of DAP in the world
- China is the largest exporter in the world
- Russia comes under the top five exporters of DAP.
- After Urea DAP is used on a big scale in India
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -