PM Modi attends Goa Liberation Day celebrations
Tags: National News
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi attended the function marking the 60th anniversary of the Goa Liberation from the Portuguese in 1961.
- The event was held at Dr. Shyama Prasad Mookerjee Stadium at Taleigao, Goa.
- Prime Minister felicitated freedom fighters and veterans of Operation Vijay, (the military action in 1961 by which India liberated the territories of Goa, Daman, and Diu from Portuguese rule. )
- Prime minister also laid the foundation stone of the India International University of Legal Education and Research of Bar Council of India Trust at Goa
- The University will be managed by the Bar Council of India.
- He inaugurated Aviation Skill Development Centre at the under construction Mopa Airport in North Goa , Goa
- He inaugurated the renovated Aguada Fort Jail museum. It was built by the Portuguese and many freedom fighters like Ram Manohar Lohia, T B Cunha were imprisoned here. It has now been converted into a museum depicting the state's liberation struggle.
- Became a state on 30th May 1987
- Capital - Panaji
- Chief Minister - Pramod Sawant
- India's smallest state by area.
- Goa has the highest GDP per capita among all Indian states.
- Goa hosts the annual International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -