Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh hands over DRDO developed products to Armed Forces
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh handed over five Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) developed products to the Armed forces and other security agencies at an event held at DRDO Bhawan, New Delhi on December 14, 2021, as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations and iconic week of Ministry of Defence.
- Raksha Mantri said that the government is working in a concerted manner to realize the objective of “Make in India” and “Make for the World” by bringing in several policy reforms such as increasing FDI in the Defence sector to 74%, creation of defence corridors in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, etc.
- He also handed over six Transfer of Technology (ToT) agreements to seven public and private sector companies. Earlier DRDO organised a Seminar on “Preparing For The Future''.
Products handed over to different Armed Forces are:
- To the Armed Forces & Ministry of Home Affairs
- Anti-Drone system,
- Modular Bridge,
- Smart Anti Airfield Weapon,
- Chaff Variants and the Light Weight Fire Fighting Suit.
- To the CISC
- The counter drone systems, developed by DRDO for detection, deterrence and destruction of incoming drones.
- To the Chief of Army Staff General M M Naravane
- Modular Bridge developed by R&DE (Engineers).
- It is a single span, mechanically launched assault bridge of military load class MLC-70, and can be launched in different spans.
- To the Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal V R Chaudhari
- Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW), an air launched, long-range, stand-off, air-to-surface Smart Bomb.
- To the Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral R Hari Kumar
- The variants of Advanced Chaff.
- To the Special Secretary, MHA, Shri V S K Kaumudi
- Structural fire-fighting suit developed by DRDO’s Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety (CFEES).
- The LAToT documents of seven DRDO developed systems for the systems/technologies
- Coastal Surveillance Radar,
- Automatic Chemical Agent Detection and Alarm (ACADA) & Chemical Agent Monitor (CAM),
- Unit Maintenance Vehicle,
- Unit Repair Vehicle,
- Fused Silica based Ceramic Core technology and
- the Fire Suppressing Gel.
- Secretary, DDR&D and Chairman, DRDO Dr G Satheesh Reddy; Vice Chiefs of Army, Navy and Air Staff, other senior civil and military officials of Ministry of Defence and Home Affairs were also present on the occasion.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -