Russian President Visit to India
Tags: National News
Russian President Vladimir Putin visited India for the 21st India – Russia Annual summit with Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
This will be the first in-person meeting between Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi after their meeting on the sidelines of the BRICS summit in Brasilia in November 2019.
Since the outbreak of the COVID Pandemic this is the second time that the Russian President has left Russia. Once to meet the U.S president Joe Biden on 16 June 2021 in Geneva ,Switzerland and he came to Delhi to meet P.M modi . This reflects the importance Russia attaches to its ties with India .
After their meeting in New Delhi both the country issued a Joint Declaration titled “India-Russia: Partnership for Peace, Progress and Prosperity”
The two countries signed 28 agreements, including 9 government-to-government agreements and those that spanned areas of defence, space, finance, power, culture, scientific research, education and health among others.
At the 20th India Russia Intergovernmental Commission on Military and Military-Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC) meeting between the Indian defence minister Rajnath Singh and Russian Defence minister Gen. Sergey Shoigu four agreements. Important agreement are as follows:
- The India Russia Intergovernmental Commission on Military and Military-Technical Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC) was extended by 10 years till 2031.
- The deal for 6.1 lakh Ak-203 assault rifles is estimated at over ₹5,000 crore and will be manufactured by a joint venture, Indo-Russian Rifles Private Ltd (IRRPL) at Korwa, Amethi in Uttar Pradesh. IRRPL was set up jointly between the erstwhile OFB [now Advanced Weapons and Equipment India Ltd.] and Munitions India Ltd. of India and Rosoboronexport (RoE) and Kalashnikov of Russia.
- The two sides also signed a pact on amending the agreement on cooperation in the field of manufacturing of the Kalashnikov series of small arms that was originally sealed in February 2019.
Trade and Business deal
- Both countries have set a target to boost their bilateral trade to $30 billion by 2025 . Last Year the bilateral trade was $ 9.1billion.
- Russian oil company Rosneft said it signed a contract with Indian Oil to supply up to 2 million tonnes of oil to India by the end of 2022.
- The countries also signed a memorandum of understanding for Russia to send an uninterrupted supply of coal to India to support its steel production,
Russia will continue to supply the S-400 missile systems under the 2018 agreement
The next India -Russia annual meeting 2022 will be held in Russia .
First India-Russia 2+2 meeting
India and Russia held first 2+2 meeting during the visit of Russian President Putin Visit
2+2 refers to the meeting of the Defence and Froeign affairs ministers of both the countries to deepen and strengthen strategic ties between two countries .
The Russian Defence minister Gen. Sergey Shoigu held a meeting with his Indian counterpart, Defence minister Rajnath Singh and the Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov held talks with Indian External Affairs Minister S.Jaishankar.
At present India has 2+2 meetings with Japan, Australia and the United States.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -