Third edition of the Goa Maritime Conclave:
Why in news?
The third edition of the Goa Maritime Conclave, the Indian Navy's outreach initiative, was held between November 7 and 9.
- Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh chaired the conclave.
- The theme for 2021 GMC is “Maritime Security and Emerging Non-Traditional Threats: A Case for Proactive Role for IOR Navies”.
- Chiefs of navies or heads of maritime forces from 12 Indian Ocean littorals - Bangladesh, Comoros, Indonesia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Myanmar, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand - was participated in the event.
- They discussed the significance of interoperability for effectively dealing with emerging & future maritime security challenges in the Indian Ocean Region.
- The Goa Maritime Conclave continues to strive to advance the principle of Collective Responsibility for ensuring safe and secure seas and sustained peace in the Indian Ocean Region.
Objectives of Goa Maritime conclave (GMC):
- The GMC aims to bring together the regional stakeholders and deliberate on the collaborative implementation strategies in dealing with contemporary maritime security challenges
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -