AVGC Task Force Report calls for National AVGC Mission with budgetary outlay
The Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comic (AVGC) Task Force set up by the Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry has submitted its report to the government. The Task force headed by Apurva Chandra, headed by the Secretary, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting was set up in April 2022.
It also included members from State Governments of Karnataka, Maharashtra, Telangana, heads of education bodies such as All India Council of Technical Education, National Council of Educational Research and Training and representatives of industry bodies - MESC(Media and Entertainment Skills Council), FICCI(Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) and CII(Confederation of Indian industries ).
The Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had announced in the Union Budget 2022-23 the constitution of a Task force on AVGC to identify interventions to build domestic capacity for serving our markets and the global demand.
Some of the key recommendation of the Task Force
In a detailed report submitted to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, the Task Force has recommended certain measures. Some of the recommendations are as follows;
- Government shall launch ‘Create in India’ campaign with exclusive focus on content creation, in India, For India & for World.
- A national AVGC-XR mission to be set up for integrated promotion and growth of the AVGC sector.
- Government shall set up a National Centre of Excellence for the sector.
- The Regional Centre of Excellence shall be instituted in collaboration with the State Governments to provide access to local industries and to promote local talent and content.
- It has been recommended by the Task Force to leverage National Education Policy to develop creative thinking with dedicated AVGC course content at school levels to build foundational skills and to create awareness about AVGC as a career choice.
- It has also been recommended to establish AVGC accelerators and innovation hubs in academic institutions, on the lines of Atal Tinkering Labs.
- A dedicated production fund shall be set up for domestic content creation from the country to promote Indian culture and heritage globally.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -