Garuda Aerospace becomes first drone company ever to get double certification by DGCA for ‘Kisan Drones’
Tags: National News
Drone maker Garuda Aerospace has become the first drone startup in India to receive 'Type Certification' and 'Remote Pilot Training Organisation' (RTPO) approval by the DGCA for its indigenously designed Kisan drone.
- DGCA Type Certification is provided on the basis of quality checks of the drones and is issued after a rigorous testing process.
- Kisan Drone has been designed keeping in mind the works related to agriculture. Type certification has been received for its GA-AG model.
- DGCA gives this certificate on the basis of quality check. It is issued only after strict investigation of the drone (unmanned aircraft).
- Remote Pilot Training Organization is a DGCA recognized organization which gives Remote Pilot Certificate under Rule-34 of Drone Rules-2021.
- In India, the government introduced type certification in August 2021 under the Drone Rules.
What are ‘Kisan’ drones?
- Made in India 'Kisan' drones are specially developed for agricultural purposes such as reducing crop losses, crop health monitoring, yield measurement etc. with latest manufacturing capabilities.
- These drones are used for uniform spraying of pesticides, monitoring of crops, gathering of data related to land and collection of data etc.
- Priced at Rs 4.50 lakh, the 'Kisan' drone is India's most affordable advanced automated agriculture drone that falls under the sub 25 kg category.
- Garuda Aerospace recently raised its $30 million Series A at a valuation of $250 million.
- Former Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has invested in it and is also the brand ambassador of the company.
- MS Dhoni has recently launched a drone named Droni. Garuda Aerospace has a fleet of 400 drones across 26 different cities and a well-trained team of over 500 pilots.
Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)
- It is the regulatory body in the field of Civil Aviation, primarily dealing with safety issues.
- It is responsible for the regulation of air transport services for India and enforcement of civil air regulations, air safety and airworthiness standards.
- It also co-ordinates all regulatory functions with the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -