CRPF claims operation ‘Octopus’ at ‘Burha Pahar’ naxal bastion as Success
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has been conducting a major Naxal operation named ‘Octopus’ at the heavily mined ‘Burha Pahar’ hilly range in Garhwa district bordering Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- The CRPF gave this information on 7 September 2022.
- According to the CRPF, the operation has been continuing since September 4 and claimed major successes in establishing control in ‘Burha Pahar’, an area known as a Naxal corridor.
- The ‘Burha Pahar’ hilly range lies in Jharkhand’s Garhwa district bordering Chhattisgarh.
- CRPF’s CoBRA unit, and state police forces like Jharkhand Jaguar are engaged in the operation.
- CRPF is the largest Central Armed Police Force under the Union Home Ministry. It was set up in 1939 as Crown Representative Police.
Naxals or Left wing Extremism Left Wing Extremism (LWE) :
- Groups which are influenced by the ideology of Mao are called as Maoist /Naxal or left wing extremists in India. Mao was the leader of the Chinese communist party who set up the Modern People's Republic of China in 1949 after an armed revolution. It is based on communist ideology.
- Similarly people or groups like Communist Party of India (Maoist) want to overthrow the government set up in India after 1950 through an armed insurgency just like Mao did in China and set up a communist government in India.
Red Corridor :
- The area where the left wing extremists are active is also called the Red Corridor.
- It is mainly active in the States of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Bihar, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Kerala.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
Specialised Anti Left Wing Extremist (Naxal/Maoist) Forces in the country :
- Special units have been raised in India to combat the threat of the left wing extremist in India.
- Some of the important ones are:
COBRA of CRPF :-
- Central Reserve Police Force has raised a specialised unit COBRA (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action) for jungle warfare.
- It is a specialised unit of both the Andhra Pradesh Police and Telangana Police to fight against the Left Wing Extremist active in their respective states.
Black Panther :-
- It is a special unit of the Chhattisgarh Police to fight against the left wing extremist.
Special Operation Group (SOG) :-
- It is the special force set up by the Odisha police to deal with Left wing extremist problems.
- It is a special unit of the Jharkhand police force.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -