India donates 5000 tonnes of rice to Madagascar
Tags: International News
Indian Ambassador to Madagascar Abhay Kumar presented 5000 tonnes of rice to President Andry Rajoelina of Madagascar at a donation ceremony held at the Presidential Palace in Antananarivo.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- Earlier, India donated 15 thousand bicycles to Madagascar on the occasion of World Bicycle Day. World Bicycle day is observed on 3 June every year.
- President Rajoelina thanked the Government and people of India for the generous donation.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
- It is an island country off the South-East coast of Africa.
- It is the fourth largest island in the world after Greenland, New Guinea and Borneo.
- Capital: Antananarivo
- Currency: Ariary
- President: Andry Rajoelina
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -