Cyclone Jawad to hit Eastern coastal area of India
The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued a warning that the deep depression in the Bay of Bengal will develop into a cyclonic storm “Jawad” and it will affect north Andhra Pradesh and south Odisha and north-northeast of West Bengal.
The cyclone has been named “Jawad” by Saudi Arabia.
IMD(Indian Meteorological Department )
- It is an agency under the Union Ministry of Earth Science.
- It was founded in 1875 and its headquarters is in New Delhi.
- It is the principal agency responsible for meteorological observations, weather forecasting and seismology.
- IMD is also one of the six Regional Specialised Meteorological Centres of the World Meteorological Organisation.
- It has the responsibility for forecasting, naming and distribution of warnings for tropical cyclones in the Northern Indian Ocean region, including the Malacca Straits, the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea and the Persian Gulf.
- The regional offices of IMD are at Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Nagpur, Guwahati and New Delhi.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -