1. DRDO successfully test Stand Off Anti-Tank missile
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Air Force (IAF) flight-tested the indigenously designed and developed Helicopter launched Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile from Pokhran ranges in Rajasthan.
- The SANT missile has been designed and developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad in coordination with other DRDO labs and participation from industries.
The target range of the SANT missile is upto 10 KM.
2. Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh hands over DRDO developed products to Armed Forces
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh handed over five Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) developed products to the Armed forces and other security agencies at an event held at DRDO Bhawan, New Delhi on December 14, 2021, as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations and iconic week of Ministry of Defence.
- He also handed over six Transfer of Technology (ToT) agreements to seven public and private sector companies. Earlier DRDO organised a Seminar on “Preparing For The Future''.
3. Successful Launch of supersonic missile Assisted-Torpedo (SMART)
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully launched Supersonic Missile Assisted-Torpedo System (SMART) from Abdul Kalam Island (formerly known as Wheeler Island), Orissa on 13th December 2021.
- It is a missile assisted release of the lightweight Anti-Submarine Torpedo System for anti-submarine warfare (ASW) operations far beyond torpedo range.
- It is a canister based missile system, consisting of advanced technologies viz. two stage solid propulsion, electro-mechanical actuators and precision inertial navigation. The missile is launched from a ground mobile launcher and it can cover a range of distances.
- The system is a next-generation missile-based standoff torpedo delivery system.
- The missile is set to enhance anti-submarine warfare capability of the Indian navy.
4. Defence export from India
- The government of India has informed the Parliament that in 2020-21 total defence export was Rs 8,434.84 crore.
- Raksha Mantri: Mr. Rajnath Singh
- Minister of State for Defence: Mr Ajay Bhatt
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -