Tags: Sports News
1. Max Verstappen is the Formula One World Champion
- Max Verstappen of Red Bull team was crowned the Formula one champion after winning the year end Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to beat the race leader Lewis Hamilton.
- He became the first Dutch(Netherland) driver to win the Formula one or F1 motor car racing championship.
2. 20th Asian Rowing Championship
It was organised at the Royal Thai Navy Rowing Center in Rayong,Thailand from 8-12 December 2021.
India won six medals in all - two gold and four silver.
Gold Medal winners of India
● Arvind Singh - men’s lightweight single sculls.
● Arjun Lal Jat, and Ravi, - men‘s double sculls event.
Silver medal winners
● Parminder Singh - men’s single sculls.
● Jasveer Singh, Punit Kumar, Gurmeet Singh and Charanjeet Singh - men’s coxless fours.
● Bittu Singh, Jakar Khan, Manjeet Kumar and Sukhmeet Singh - quadruple sculls.
● Ashish Phugat and Sukhjinder Singh - men’s lightweight double sculls.
3. 88th National Snooker and Billiards Championship
- The final was held on 14 December 2021, at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh .
- It was organized by the Billiards and Snooker Federation of India (BSFI), the governing body for cue sports in India.
Men : Ishpreet Singh Chadha defeated Malkeet Singh
Women : Amee Kamani defeated Anupama Ramchandran
4. SFJI Awards
- The Sports Journalists’ Federation of India (SJFI) has announced its year end 2021 awards.
- SFFI Medal: legendary cricketer Sunil Gavaskar.
- SJFI Sportsman of the Year award: Tokyo Olympics gold medalist, Javelin Thrower Neeraj Chopra.
- SJFI Sportswoman of the Year: Tokyo Olympics Silver Medal winner, weightlifter Mirabai Chanu.
- SJFI Team of the Year: The Indian men's team which won the hockey bronze in the Tokyo Olympics.
- SJFI Men Parathletes of the Year: Sumit Antil and Pramod Bhagat.
- Sumit Antil in Javelin throw and Pramod Bhagat in Badminton.
- SJFI Women SJFI Para Athlete of the Year: Tokyo Olympics Gold medal winner in shooting.
5. VVS Lakshman takes charge as NCA Head
Former India batter VVS Lakshman took charge as the new Head of National Cricket Academy (NCA) on 14th December 2021.
- Laxman has occupied the position that was vacated by former India captain Rahul Dravid, who began his tenure as head coach of the national men’s team with the commencement of the home series against New Zealand.
6. India to host u-18 and u-19 SAFF Championship 2022
All India Football Federation (AIFF) announced that India will host the Under-18 Women’s Championship 2022 in March and Under-19 Women’s Championship 2022 in July-August.
- The SAFF U-18 Women's Championship will begin on March 3 while the final is slated to take place on March 14, 2022.
- Meanwhile, SAFF U-19 Women’s Championship will commence on July 25, with the final set to take place on August 3, 2022.
7. Indian team wins Bridge Championship
- The Indian team of Sumit Mukherjee, Jaggy Shivdasani, Keyzad Ankelsaria, Sundeep Thakral, Rajeswar Tewari and Debabrata Majumder defeated the United Arab Emirate (UAE) side to win the Asia and Middle East Bridge Championship title.
- It was held at NOIDA, Uttar Pradesh.
- Both the countries have qualified for the upcoming World Bridge Championship to be held in Italy from March 27 to April 10, 2022.
8. Racism in South Africa cricket
- Social Justice and Nation-Building (SJN) Commission has held Cricket South Africa (CSA) administration, former captain and current director Smith, current head coach Mark Boucher and former batter AB de Villiers of racism and being unfairly discriminating against black cricket players.
- The South Africa and Nation Building commission was set up by the Cricket South Africa to investigate the issue of racism in South African cricket.
- The head of the Commision was Mr. Dumisa Ntsebeza.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -