Tags: State News
Punjab approach Supreme Court on BSF jurisdiction in the state
- Punjab has filed a suit in the Supreme Court against the Centre’s move to increase the limits of jurisdiction of the Border Security Force (BSF) from 15 km to 50 km along the India-Pakistan International Border.
- The State has filed an original suit challenging the October 11,2021 notification issued by the Union Home Ministry extending the Central force’s area of jurisdiction, calling it a breach of the federal form of governance under the Constitution.
Tamil Thai Vaazhthu declared Tamil Nadu State song
- The M.K.Stalin led government of Tamilnadu has declared Tamil Thai Vaazhthu song as the State song.
- The song is from the Tamil drama ‘Manonmaniam’ penned by P Sundaram Pillai.
- The song is composed in Mullaipaani Ragam also known as Mohana Raagam by M.S Viswanathan.
North India’s first Centre of Entrepreneurship in Medi Electronics and Health Informatics start operations in Lucknow
- North India’s first Centre of Entrepreneurship - “MedTech” was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State, Ministry of Electronics and IT, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajeev Chandrasekhar at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute , Lucknow.
- It has been built in partnership with Software technology Park of India, Ministry of Electronics and IT and Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The centre of entrepreneurship shall provide state of the art facilities to Startups in the field of Medi electronics and health informatics providing impetus to the startup culture in the state.
- Medi electronics sector is currently estimated to be at $10 billion and is expected to grow to $50 bn by 2025.
- India imports around 75-80% of its Medi electronic and health informatics requirements.
- Health Informatics (HI) is a relatively new, interdisciplinary field in the healthcare industry that uses information technology to organize and analyze health records to improve healthcare outcomes.
All India Mayor Conference
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the All India Mayor Conference via video conferencing on 17 December 2021.
- The conference was organised by the Urban Development Authority, Uttar Pradesh Government.
- It is being held at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The theme of the Conference is “New Urban India”.
The longest Expressway of Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Ganga Expressway in Uttar Pradesh's Shahjahanpur on 18th December 2021.
- Length of the Ganga Expressway: 594 kilometers.
- It will connect Bijauli village near Kharkhauda on NH-334 in Meerut district with Judapur Dandu village near Soraon on NH-19 in Prayagraj district.
- It will pass through 12 districts of Uttar Pradesh namely (from west to east), Meerut, Hapur, Bulandshahr, Amroha, Sambhal, Budaun, Shahjahanpur, Hardoi, Unnao, Raebareli, Pratapgarh and Prayagraj.
- The estimated cost of the six lane expressway: Rs. 36,230 crores.
- It will be constructed by: Adani Group and IRB Infrastructure.
- Expected to be completed by: year 2025.
There will be a 3.5km long airstrip on the Ganga Expressway, which will assist in emergency take-off and landing of Indian Air Force (IAF) planes.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -